Touch of Mint
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Opulentia"

3 posters

Go down

"Opulentia" Empty "Opulentia"

Post by SpyrusTheVirus Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:11 am

Opulentia by ~SpyrusTheVirus on deviantART

how about giving me some opinions you filthy unnoticed artists??????? XD

SpyrusTheVirus

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-01-20

http://spyrusthevirus.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

"Opulentia" Empty Re: "Opulentia"

Post by Neco-Ohno Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:04 am

Wow, that is freaky. And by freaky, I mean great. I like the amount of scratchy details there are. It feels as though the longer I look at it, the more images I see. I thought I saw an owl's face there for a second.

In truth, the only thing I could really see you improving on are the edges of the top and bottom of the picture. It seems as though they sort of cut of and begin a new pattern, but it's very difficult to notice.

In short: great job!
Neco-Ohno
Neco-Ohno

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-01-21

http://neco-ohno.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SpyrusTheVirus Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:14 pm

pleasure to hear it!if you have time,take a look at my other one made with this very same technique,"pestilentia",which I like most,you will find even more shapes "hidden" within it.

SpyrusTheVirus

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-01-20

http://spyrusthevirus.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TsunamiHanami Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:06 pm

Okay, I don't know much about abstract style, but I'll give it a go. I'm more used to critiquing human forms.

-It's really awesome in the smaller view, because you can see all sorts of things and patterns. You see it more as a whole picture. But when you zoom in, it's harder to see said patterns. I see more geometric patterns than organic patterns here, which isn't bad, necessarily.

-I can almost see a few dividing lines, in the shape of a tic-tac-toe board, though those may just be from the patterns.

-The color choice is nice. Neutral color don't blind or give me headaches so much when I stare at it. The only problem I have is I wished that there was a little more contrast in the areas with medium tones, like on the outer edges. The area with the really dark brown color is very pleasing to the eye.

-The image appears to be balanced, since there is a little something everywhere.

-The name is original (to me)

I like this piece, mainly because the colors really appeal to me, and the patterns are seemingly endless. A really nice work of abstract.
TsunamiHanami
TsunamiHanami

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down